UTMB® for the Planet
The creation of a worldwide solidarity platform for virtual races.
After announcing the cancellation of the 2020 UTMB® Mont-Blanc due to the covid-19 pandemic, our partner UTMB® contacted us to design, alongside its team and that of Livetrail, a platform offering a totally different event for trail runners this summer. A meeting place that is both sportive and solidarity-based: all donations are transferred to the WWF.
WIDE was in charge of creating the UX for the platform, its frontend development, platform set-up/tracking and project management. Discover the case study for this headless site created using Nuxt (Vue.Js and Node.Js), an emerging technology, to meet various SEO needs!
- Creative development
- User Experience
Participation in the creation of the UTMB® for the Planet platform and its activation video to:
- Enable a large community of trail runners to compete against each other thanks to the UTMB® virtual races
- Offer an optimal user experience
- Offer the partners of the UTMB® a platform to enable them to highlight their challenges
All this in only 6 weeks!
Beyond its worldwide launch, the platform offers the greatest number of people the possibility to participate in trail-running events:
- these can be run in several stages - the ranking takes into account the number of runs and the time spent on the different trails.
- for the launch, the connectors were chosen among the major players of the trail running market: Garmin, Polar and Suunto. The platform also offers the possibility to upload the runner's GPX track if the runner does not have the connectors announced.
Choose your challenge, register, receive your race bib, connect your watch and... run!
The platform has been designed for the user's trail to be optimal for desktop, tablet or mobile device so you don't have to wait to get home to sync your run, view a runner's profile or look up your ranking.
Once you have reached your objective, share your success on your social media and view your wall of medals on your dashboard, with a unique badge for each race you have run! Have you made a donation? You'll find the WWF logo on your badge.
The platform's tracking system feeds data on users' behaviour to continuously optimise it! Which connected devices are the most used? Which pages are the most frequently viewed? Which challenge has the largest number of registrations but the least participants? ...
In this way we can continuously offer ever-more optimised versions to meet different needs, for the well-being of both runners and partners!
The UTMB also entrusted us with the creation of the platform's promotional video, which was widely distributed via email, but also on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram!
The result: a platform that was appreciated and used from the first month!
in just 1 month!
represented for this 2020 online edition!